5 Questions to Ask Before Joining a Weight Loss Program | Truweight
Are you thinking of joining a weight loss program? If yes, have you considered all the points before investing your time, energy and money on it?
To guide you, we bring to you 5 questions you must ask before you take up any diet program:
1. What’s the Science behind weight loss?
– Before opting for any weight loss program, it is quintessential to know about the program as well as the company. Most companies these days look for quick money and do not pay much attention to the health factor.
So be alert, you might end up endangering your health while looking for fast weight loss.
2. Is there any side effect?
– While going for a diet plan and diet food products, make yourself thorough with all the factors associated with them. In the case of products, always check the ingredients table.
It is very important to know what you are eating and if it may affect your health in any way.
3. Are you opting for natural ways?
– Weight loss industry is full of artificial methods of weight loss like pills and machines. These non-natural ways are often found to be inefficient and sometimes even with side-effects. The best way is to try to lose weight with natural foods and diet regimes.
4. What are the diet modifications?
– If any weight loss program is promising you that you don’t have to make any diet change, don’t believe them. Weight loss is possible only with proper lifestyle changes that include a reformed diet and regular exercising schedule.
5. Are they giving you false promises?
– Any weight loss program promising you a fast weight loss is false! Always remember that you have gained your weight in the course of a long time and that, it will, of course, take the time to go away.
So, instead of looking for quick results, look for sustainable weight loss.
A few pros and cons that usually come with most instant weight loss program.
- The results are quick.
- Fewer chances of withdrawing the program half way.
- The weight loss may not be sustainable.
- The quick weight loss will bring many health fluctuations that may include: Low resting blood pressure, Headache, Fatigue or lack of energy, Missed period, Constipation, Less sleep and Depression.
- Instant weight loss usually ends up with muscle mass loss.
- Most instant weight loss programs come with restricted diets like low calorie or zero calorie that lead to nutrient deficiencies.
- The body may behave differently for sudden changes in eating habits. It is important to give it time to cope with the modifications.
Also, before joining a weight loss program or even when you are starting to keep a watch on your weight, we want you to be crystal clear about a few weight loss “myths”.
Myth: Starve to lose weight more!
Fact: Starving isn’t a healthy way to lose weight. In fact, eating proper meals and following the right diet can bring healthy weight loss.
Myth: Avoid carbs to lose weight!
Fact: Avoiding an entire food group is never healthy. In fact, our body requires complex carbs.
Myth: Exercise is more important than diet.
Fact: It is wrong. For weight loss, both diet and exercise are important. In fact, diet plays a bigger role here.
Myth: Perceived healthy foods are always healthy.
Fact: The so-called healthy foods aren’t always healthy. The ingredients have a major role. So, pay attention to them while shopping for healthy products.
So, be wise and take the right decision. Losing weight at the expense of your health is never justified.
You could additionally ask a nutritionist about it too for FREE! Just click and get started!